|"Blinded by the Light" by Matt Lehman|
YOUTH GROUP LESSON 99
|MATERIALS AND ADVANCE PREPARATION:
• High powered flashlight
• Swedish Fish candyenough for the whole class to enjoy some
• Blindfoldfold it with a few pieces of Swedish fish inside so it will not fall out easily.
• A sign labeled “Damascus”
• Copies of the skit for participants
Welcome the youth and open with prayer. After the prayer, ask the youth to give you a definition of “faith journey.” If they have difficulty with that, divide it into two words. Ask for definitions of “faith,” and then “journey.” Then put it together. One definition of faith journey is “The trip we make during our life in our relationship with God.”
EXPLORE THE BIBLE STORY:
Do the skit. Read the story as found in Acts 9:1-19.
Ask youth to identify different stages of a faith journey as seen in the story.
• Denying Christ (Saul persecuting Christians)
Page 1 of 3